Hachette sentence example
- P. Hachette (1769-1834) in1816-1817published memoirs containing the results of experiments on the spouting of fluids and the discharge of vessels.
- JEAN NICOLAS PIERRE HACHETTE (1769-1834), French mathematician, was born at Mezieres, where his father was a bookseller, on the 6th of May 1769.
- The necessary royal assent was in 1823 refused to the election of Hachette to the Academie des Sciences, and it was not till 1831, after the Revolution, that he obtained that honour.
- Hachette was held in high esteem for his private worth, as well as for his scientific attainments and great public services.
- Hachette's principal works are his Deux Supplements a la Geometrie descriptive de Monge (1811 and 1818); Elements de geometrie a trois dimensions (1817); Collection des epures de geometric, &c.Advertisement
- For a list of Hachette's writings see the Catalogue of Scientific Papers of the Royal Society of London; also F.
- P. Hachette (Bruxelles, 1836).
- Jeanne Hachette >>
- Hachette, et suivie d'une note &c., par M.
- P. Hachette and others in the invention of various forms of rotating doubler.Advertisement
- Then came a few years of terrible poverty; but at the beginning of 1862 he obtained a clerkship, at the modest salary of a pound a week, in the house of Hachette the publisher.
- The hotel de ville, close to which stands the statue of Jeanne Hachette (see below), was built in 1752.
- In 1346 the town had to defend itself against the English, who again besieged it in 1433 The siege which it suffered in 1472 at the hands of the duke of Burgundy was rendered famous by the heroism of the women, under the leadership of Jeanne Hachette, whose memory is still celebrated by a procession on the 14th of October (the feast of Ste Angadreme), in which the women take precedence of the men.
- guidebook listing circa 1,000 leading drink, wine, and beer ma... More Hachette Wine Guide.
- Delagrave (Levaseur's maps), Hachette (Vivien de St Martin's Atlas universel, in progress since 1875, F.Advertisement