Habitants sentence example
- A somewhat wild Bedouin disposition, fostered by their surroundings, was retained by the Israelite in habitants of Gilead to a late period of their history, and seems to be to some extent discernible in what we read alike of Jephthah, of David's Gadites, and of the prophet Elijah.
- Verneau, " Sur les Semites aux Iles Canaries," and " Sur les anciens habitants de la Isleta, Grande Canarie," Bull.
- Trabut, L'Algerie; le sol et les habitants (Paris, 1898), specially valuable for agriculture and fauna; Arthur Girault, Principes de colonisation et de legislation coloniale, Tome iii.
- The southern part of the country now called Austria was inhabited before the opening of the Christian era by the Taurisci, a Celtic tribe, who were subsequently called the Norici, Early in- and who were conquered by the Romans about 14 B.C. habitants.
- Jerome (1825); Recueil de fadaises compose sur la montagne a l'usage des habitants de la plaine (1826); Voyage dans la vallee des originaux (1828); Tableau de la vie rurale, ou l'agriculture enseignee d'une maniere dramatique (1829).Advertisement
- The official total of the in habitants of Ortigueira (18,426 in 1900) includes many families which dwell at some distance; the actual urban population does not exceed 2000.
- Often, but not always, myths are recited explaining the origin, attributes and behavior of these strange and sacred habitants of liminality.
- There are many habitants in the park including; eagles, pink flamingos, wall lizards, grass snakes, to name a few.