Habilitationsschrift sentence example
- The time between his promotion to the doctorate and his habilitation as Privatdozent was occupied by researches undertaken for his Habilitationsschrift, by "Naturphilosophie," and by experimental work.
- The subject he had chosen for his Habilitationsschrift was the "Representation of a Function by Means of a Trigonometrical Series," a subject which Dirichlet had made his own by a now well-known series of researches.
- To acquire this a doctor must present a further thesis (Habilitationsschrift), and must deliver two lectures, one before the faculty, followed by a discussion (colloquium), the other in public; but these lectures " seem to be merely secondary and are tending to become so more and more "; " scientific productiveness is so sharply emphasized among the conditions for admission that it overshadows all the rest " (Paulsen, loc. cit.
- The literary theses required by French universities are, as a rule, volumes of several hundred pages, and more important in character even than the German Habilitationsschrift.
- The title of his "habilitationsschrift," Generalem analyseos applicationem ad ea quae geometriae altioris et mechanicae basis et fundaments sunt e serie Tayloria deducit Julius Plucker (Bonn, 1824), indicated the course of his future researches.Advertisement