Habib sentence example
- The town was so heavily taxed by the Hamdanid princes at Mosul that the Arab tribe of the Banu Habib, although blood relations of the Hamdanids, migrated into Byzantine territory, where they were well received, accepted Christianity, attracted other emigrants from Nisibis, and at last began to avenge themselves by yearly raids upon their old home.
- The haggadic passages of the Talmud were collected in the Eye of Jacob, a very popular compilation completed by Jakob ibn Habib in the 16th century.
- When, in the year (69 A.H.) 689 Abdalmalik had at last encamped at Botnan Habib in the vicinity of Kinnesrin (Qinnasrin),1 with the purpose of marching against Mus`ab, his cousin `Amr Ashdaq, to whom by the treaty of Jabia, before the battle of Merj Rahit, the succession to Merwan had been promised, took advantage of his absence to lay claim to the supreme power, and to have himself proclaimed caliph by his partisans.
- Habib, a descendant of the famous `Ogba b.
- Habib, the eldest son of Abdarrahman, who had fled in the night of his father's murder, was captured, but the vessel which was to convey him to Spain having been detained by stress of weather, his partisans took arms and rescued him.Advertisement
- Ilyas was marching against them, when the idea occurred to Habib of challenging him to single combat.
- He measured arms with Habib, and was slain.
- Mr. Habib said he believed the interrogators in that room were Pakistani.
- Of special fame as a genealogist was Ibn Habib (d.
- The oldest specimens still extant are the fables about the conquest of Spain ascribed to Ibn Habib (d.Advertisement
- recension, in the Haggadoth ha-Talmud (Constantinople, 1511) and in Jacob ibn Habib's `En (eye, well of) Jacob (Salonika, 1516); and (b) from the Pal., by Samuel Yapheh (Venice, 1589), and in the Yalkut Shimeoni (see Midrash, § 5, 9).