Gustavians sentence example
- After the king's death Nordin shared in the general disgrace of the Gustavians and lived in retirement at the little town of Hernesand, where he held the post of lector at the gymnasium.
- During the Reuterholm (q.v.) administration, Wallqvist, like the rest of the Gustavians, was kept remote from court.
- During the regency of the' duke of Sudermania (1792-1796) Fersen, like all the other Gustavians, was in disgrace; but, on Gustavus IV.
- From Naples Armfelt communicated with Catherine II., urging her to bring about by means of a military demonstration a change in the Swedish government in favour of the Gustavians.
- The riot of his dithyrambic hymns sounded a strange note of nature amid the conventional music of the Gustavians.Advertisement
- The responsibility certainly rests with the government of Charles which apparently intended to intimidate the Gustavians by the removal of one of their principal leaders.
- The negotiations with the French Jacobins exacerbated the hatred which the Gustavians already felt for the Jacobin councillors of the duke-regent (see CHARLES XIII., king of Sweden).
- But indeed the whole of this intermediate period is full of dark subterranean plots and counterplots, still inexplicable, as, for instance, the hideous Fersen murder (June 20, 1 810) (see Fersen, Hans Axel Von) evidently intended to terrorize the Gustavians, whose loyalty to the ancient dynasty was notorious.