Gustavian sentence example
- Like Jean Hardouin he got to believe that a great deal of what is called classical literature was compiled by anonymous authors at a much later date, and he used frequently to startle his colleagues, the Gustavian academicians, by his audacious paradoxes.
- What is called the Gustavian period is supposed to commence with the reign of Gustavus III.
- This period of less than forty years was particularly Gustavian rich in literary talent, and the taste of the people Period.
- The excellent lyrical poet Frans Mikael Franzen (q.v.; 1772-1847) and a belated academician Johan David Valerius (1776-1852), fill up the space between the Gustavian period and the domination of romantic ideas from Germany.
- Montan (Stockholm, 1878), is one of the most trustworthy and circumstantial documents relating to the Gustavian era of Swedish history.Advertisement