Gura sentence example
- In 1875 and 1876 the Egyptians, who sought to increase their conquests, were defeated by the Abyssinians at Gundet and Gura.
- Walad Michael,the hereditary ruler of Bogos, fought as ally of King John at Gundet and of the Egyptians at Gura.
- An avenging expedition was prepared in the spring of the following year, and, numbering 14,000 men under Ratib Pasha, Loring (American), and Prince Hassan, advanced to Gura and fortified a position in the neighbourhood.
- Its outlet on the sea is named the Portidje Mouth (Gura portitii) of the Danube.
- The force was routed by the Abyssinians at Gura, but Prince Hassan and his staff got back to Massawa.Advertisement