Gun-metal sentence example
- Neither metal, when it emerges from the furnace, has any beauty, shakudo being simply dark-colored copper and shibuichi pale gun-metal.
- In fact the uniformity of brass and bell-metal is only superficial; if we adopt the methods described in the article Metallography, and if, after polishing a plane face on a bit of gun-metal, we etch away the surface layer and examine the new surface with a lens or a microscope, we find a complex pattern of at least two materials.
- A soft bronze or gun-metal is formed with 16 parts of copper to 1 of tin, and a harder gun-metal,, such as was used for bronze ordnance, when the proportion of tin is about doubled.
- Valeport also offer a range of streamlined lead or gun-metal sinker weights, from 7 to 90kg.
- Wrought iron wine racks are available usually with gun-metal steel, black matte iron, iron powdered, and also other painted finishes.Advertisement