Gujars sentence example
- Next come the mercantile castes, mostly belonging to the Jain sect; these are followed by the powerful cultivating tribes, such as the Jats and Gujars, and then come the so-called aboriginal tribes, chief of whom are the Minas, Bhils and Meos.
- The census returned large numbers of Jats, Rajputs and Gujars among the Mussulmans.
- The decline of the Mogul empire gave free play to the turbulent spirit of the Jats and Gujars, many of whose chieftains succeeded in carving out petty principalities for themselves at the expense of their neighbours.
- The Jats took the side of the government, while the Gujars and Mussulman Rajputs were most actively hostile.
- Among Hindus, the Rajputs are land-holders, and the Jats and Gujars are cultivators.Advertisement