Guarini sentence example
- He was influenced by Isaac Luria on the mystical side, and on the poetical side by Italian drama of the school of Guarini (q.v.).
- Behind the high altar of the cathedral (from which it is separated by a glass screen) is the chapel of the Sudario or Sindone, built (1657-1694) by Guarini as a royal burial-place.
- Other churches of some note are San Filippo Neri (1672-1772), the dome of which fell in just as it was approaching completion under the hands of Guarini and was restored by Juvara, and La Gran Madre de Dio, erected to commemorate the return of the royal family in 1814.
- Many of the palaces have fine pillared courtyards of the baroque period, some of which are the work of Guarini.
- It occupies a building erected in 1687 by Guarini as a Jesuit college.Advertisement
- He raised the glory of Ferrara to its highest point, and was the patron of Tasso and Guarini, favouring, as the princes of his house had always done, the arts and sciences.
- In 1690 he translated Guarini's Pastor Fido, and in or just after 1697 published, in a folio volume without a date, his Kunga-Skald, the first original poem in ottava rima produced in Swedish.
- Johan Paulinus Liljenstedt (1655-1732), a Finn, was a graceful imitator of Ronsard and Guarini.
- There is a museum of zoology and mineralogy in Palazzo Carignano (another of Guarini's buildings), and the royal palace contains the royal armoury (a fine collection made by Charles Albert in 1833) and the royal library with its rich manuscript collection and its 20,000 drawings, among which are sketches by Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci.
- In the summer of 2002, Clarkson beat runner-up Justin Guarini and became the first American Idol.Advertisement
- Guarini, however, released an album with little fanfare and has all but disappeared from the public eye.
- Contestants Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini competed for the top spot and 58% of the public vote went to Clarkson, making her the very first American Idol.
- Runner-up Justin Guarini was also signed to Simon Fuller's 19 Management, along with Fuller's 19 Records.
- In 2003, Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini starred in the musical film From Justin to Kelly.