Guardia sentence example
- In 1490 had happened the case of El Santo nino de la Guardia - a child supposed to have been killed by the Jews.
- His existence had never been proved; and in the district of Guardia no child was reported as missing.
- They comprise (a) the older works surrounding the town; (b) a group of coast batteries on the high ground of Cape Bizerta or Guardia, 4 m.
- Savonarola also proposed a court of appeal for criminal and political crimes tried by the Otto di guardia e balia; this too was agreed to, but the right of appeal was to be, not to a court as Savonarola suggested, but to the Greater Council, a fact which led to grave abuses, as judicial appeals became subject to party passions.
- In the Piazza dei Signori is the beautiful loggia called the Gran Guardia, begun in 1493 and finished in 1526, and close by is the Palazzo del Capitanio, the residence of the Venetian governors, with its great door, the work of Falconetto of Verona, 1532.Advertisement
- Ladronism was very widely distributed under Spanish rule, and the old guardia civil committed outrages almost equal to those of the brigands themselves.
- Just before the revolution of 1848, being warned that he would be arrested, he fled to Turin, but after the "Five Days" he returned to Milan and edited a paper called La Guardia Nazionale.
- One police force known as the Guardia di Finanza, was originally put in place to deal with financial felonies.