Grosvenor sentence example
- He left the army in 1887, married Sibell Mary, daughter of the gth Earl of Scarbrough, widow of Earl Grosvenor, mother of the 2nd Duke of Westminster, and became private secretary to Mr. Balfour, at the time Irish Secretary, a position which he held till 1892.
- Lady Grosvenor survived her husband.
- Other important libraries, with the approximate number of their books, are the Grosvenor (founded in 1859), for reference (75,000 volumes and 7000 pamphlets); the John C. Lord, housed in the building of the Historical Society (10,620); the Law (8th judicial district) (17,000); the Catholic Institute (12,000); and the library of the Buffalo Historical Society (founded 1862) (26,600), now in the handsome building in Delaware Park used as the New York state building during the PanAmerican Exposition of 1901.
- Owen was probably born about 1359, studied law at Westminster, was squire to the earl of Arundel, and a witness for Grosvenor in the famous Scrope and Grosvenor lawsuit in 1386.
- In the - 18th century both saline and sulphur springs were largely patronized by numbers of visitors, and about 1749 a Mr Grosvenor built a hydropathic establishment near the old church, on a site now covered by a farm-house known as Llandrindod Hall.Advertisement
- In 1886 a large retrospective of his work was held at the Grosvenor Gallery.
- Luckily the two Redwoods planted in Grosvenor Park will not attain such astounding dimensions, but may nevertheless develop into very large specimens.
- However, her spirit has been reincarnated into the body of, Helen Grosvenor, ( Johann), daughter of the Egyptian Governor.
- Read his terse comments about the destruction of a great Roman bath house on the site of the Grosvenor Shopping Precinct here.
- On the 23rd of February 1820, at a time of great distress and during the unrest caused by the death of George III., the cabinet ministers had arranged to dine at the earl of Harrowby's house in Grosvenor Square.Advertisement
- Grosvenor these nematocysts are derived from the hydroids on which the animals feed.
- The bridges in order above London Bridge are as follows, railway-bridges being bracketed - Southwark, (Cannon Street), (Blackfriars), Blackfriars, Waterloo, (Hungerford - with a footway), Westminster, Lambeth, Vauxhall, (Grosvenor), Victoria, Albert, Battersea, (Battersea), Wandsworth, (Putney), Putney and Hammersmith.
- Finsbury Square was the first public place in which gas lighting was actually adopted, and Grosvenor Square the last.