Groen sentence example
- Groen van Prinsterer, Archives ou correspondance de la maison d'OrangeNassau, I' serie, 9 vols.
- There seems little doubt, however, that it was really the work of the prince himself, with the help either of Languet (Groen van Prinsterer, Archives) or of Pierre de Villiers (Motley, Rise of the Dutch Republic; and Blok, History of the People of the Netherlands).
- In Groen the doctrines of Guizot and Stahl found an eloquent exponent.
- Groen was violently opposed to Thorbecke, whose principles he denounced as ungodly and revolutionary.
- Motley acknowledges his indebtedness to Groen's Archives in the preface to his Rise of the Dutch Republic, at a time when the American historian had not yet made the acquaintance of King William's archivist, and also bore emphatic testimony to Groen's worth as a writer of history in the correspondence published after his death.Advertisement
- At the first reception, in 1858, of Motley at the royal palace at the Hague, the king presented him with a copy of Groen's Archives as a token of appreciation and admiration of the work done by the "worthy vindicator of William I., prince of Orange."
- At Amsterdam there appeared in 1873 a highly interesting Correspondence with his academy friend and lifelong political adversary Groen van Prinsterer, which, although dating back to the early 'thirties, throws much light on their subsequent relations and the political events that followed 1848.
- Companies from within the Aga stable will supply specialist equipment such as blast chillers from Williams, Groen high-production kettles and mixers from Mono.