Gretna sentence example
- In different states of Spain the laws of the later middle ages recognized concubinage 1 The difference between English and Scottish law, which once made "Gretna Green marriages" so frequent, is due to the fact that Scotland adopted the Roman law (which on this particular point was followed by the whole medieval church).
- Early in the 18th century the Scottish gipsies found a congenial home on the Roxburghshire side of the Cheviots; and at a later period the Scottish border became notorious for a hundred years as offering hospitality to runaway couples who were clandestinely married at Gretna Green, Coldstream or Lamberton.
- Like Gretna Green, Coldstream long enjoyed a notoriety as the resort of runaway couples, the old toll-house at the bridge being the usual scene of the marriage ceremony.
- Train Local trains operate daily between Carlisle and Dumfries, stopping at Gretna Green and Annan.
- Between running the Gretna ticket office and feeding the media's insatiable maw, he's also been in for a brain scan.Advertisement
- Rocky radio is the official radio station for Gretna Football Club.
- The young stopper was a regular in Blackburn's reserve team last season and played well in Gretna's 3-1 pre-season win over Dumfermline.
- Miss Turner was decoyed from school by means of a forged letter, and made to believe that she could only save her father from ruin by marrying Wakefield, whom she accordingly accompanied to Gretna Green.
- Rocky Radio is the official radio station for Gretna Football Club.
- The young stopper was a regular in Blackburn 's reserve team last season and played well in Gretna 's 3-1 pre-season win over Dumfermline.Advertisement