Grekov sentence example
- After much disputing and arguing, Major-General Grekov with two Cossack regiments decided to go with the Polish sergeant.
- Without replying, the sergeant, with a resolute air, mounted and rode away with Grekov whose men had quickly assembled.
- They disappeared into the forest, and Count Orlov-Denisov, having seen Grekov off, returned, shivering from the freshness of the early dawn and excited by what he had undertaken on his own responsibility, and began looking at the enemy camp, now just visible in the deceptive light of dawn and the dying campfires.
- And the adjutant galloped through the forest after Grekov.
- When Grekov returned, Count Orlov-Denisov, excited both by the abandoned attempt and by vainly awaiting the infantry columns that still did not appear, as well as by the proximity of the enemy, resolved to advance.Advertisement