Greenish-white sentence example
- The Cambridgeshire coprolites are either amorphous or finger-shaped; the coprolites from the Greensand are of a black or dark-brown colour; while those from the Gault are greenish-white on the surface, brownish-black internally.
- The yellow stamen-bearing flowers are in sessile, nearly spherical catkins; the fertile ones vary in colour, from red or purple to greenish-white, in different varieties; the erect cones, which remain long on the branches, are above an inch in length and oblong-ovate in shape, with reddish-brown scales somewhat waved on the edges, the lower bracts usually rather longer than the scales.
- When exposed to the air a stick of phosphorus undergoes slow combustion, which is revealed by a greenish-white phosphorescence when the stick is viewed in the dark.
- It bears many flowers, the blossoms 3 1/2 inches across, of a deep pink, with a greenish-white star in the centre.
- Other white kinds are H. olympicus, a tall slender species with cup-shaped blossoms that appear in early spring and vary from pure white to greenish-white.Advertisement
- On the upper half are densely arranged, in a cylindrical manner, numerous greenish-white blossoms, with purplish center, crowned by a tuft of narrow green leaves.
- All the kinds bear greenish-white flowers, but only in P. decora are they large enough to attract.
- The flowers are clustered in erect spikes, are sessile, of a greenish-white, with the petals rather far apart.
- The flowers are of a greenish-white color, and are not so showy as are the berries.
- S. californicum has stout stems of 5 to 7 feet, with branched and tapering spikes of greenish-white bell-shaped flowers, followed by ornamental fruits.Advertisement