Grass-covered sentence example
- Its Atlantic slopes are heavily wooded, but the western slopes exhibit grass-covered campos between the river courses.
- It is an undulating plain, grass-covered, but for the most part without trees or bush.
- But towards the south the open grass-covered spaces increased in number and area.
- The herds of bison, antelope and elk that once roamed the prairies have vanished, but a few mountain sheep still graze on the grass-covered mesas in inaccessible portions of the Bad Lands.
- The best explanation suggested for bess is that, during certain phases of the glacial period, it was carried as dust by the winds from the flood plains of aggrading rivers, and slowly deposited on the neighboring grass-covered plains.Advertisement
- The name given to open plains and to the grass-covered plateaus of the interior.
- The Downs are almost without population, waterless and grass-covered, with patches of beech wood.
- The valleys are wide expanses of arable land, and the hills are for the most part grass-covered and treeless.