Grandiflorum sentence example
- Trillium grandiflorum Ian has raised these trillium grandiflorum Ian has raised these trilliums from seed, which is a long, slow process.
- Trillium grandiflorum Ian has raised these trilliums from seed, which is a long, slow process.
- Trillium grandiflorum seedlings There is a wide range of flower shape and size as well as the color.
- The tall Ae. grandiflorum forms a spreading bush about a foot high, from which springs racemes of pink and lilac flowers.
- A variety (E. bracteatum) differs in having a bract developed, as E. grandiflorum sometimes has.Advertisement
- Ruyschianum. The most beautiful of all is D. grandiflorum, a rock garden plant, which is the earliest in flower.
- One or two are best suited for the rock garden; of these, E. alpinum grandiflorum is the finest.
- P. autumnale, or chinense, from China and Japan, is taller and more robust than P. grandiflorum, with narrower leaves, but more dense, and its flowers, though smaller, are pretty evenly distributed along the upper half of the stems.
- About a dozen species have given rise to the cultivated varieties, the chief species being D. grandiflorum, formosum, lasiostachyum, cheilanthum, elatum, and peregrinum.
- Ware. The beautiful old double variety D. grandiflorum fl.-pl. is one of the most charming of border plants.Advertisement
- Satin-flower (Sisyrinchium) - Iridaceous plants from N.W. America, of which only one species is worth growing, namely S. grandiflorum, a beautiful perennial with narrow, grass-like leaves that blooms in early spring.
- America. The finest is T. grandiflorum (White Wood Lily), one of the most beautiful hardy plants, 6 to 12 inches high, with on each stem a lovely white three-petalled flower, fairer than the white Lily, and almost as large.