Gracilis sentence example
- Africa also furnish good rubber, as do the Forsteronia gracilis of British Guiana and Forsteronia floribunda of Jamaica.
- Forsteronia gracilis of Guiana is a climbing plant which also belongs to the Apocynaceae.
- The smallest is the slender loris (Loris gracilis) of the forests of Madras and Ceylon, a creature smaller than a squirrel.
- - The following particulars are from Gray: - Lizards - Pseudopus gracilis (Eur.), Argyrophis Horsfieldii, Salea Horsfieldii, Calotes Maria, C. versicolor, C. minor, C. Emma, Phrynocephalus Tickelii - all Indian forms. A tortoise (Testudo Horsfieldii) appears to be peculiar to Kabul.Advertisement
- The large amount of salt in the water makes both fauna and flora of the lake scanty; there are a few algae, the larvae of an Ephydra and of a Tipula fly, specimens of what seems to be Corixa decolor, and in great quantities, so as to tint the surface of the water, the brine shrimp, Artemia salina (or gracilis or fertilis), notable biologically for the rarity of males, for the high degree of parthenogenesis and for apparent interchangeableness with the Branchipus.
- - The Bat (Phyllocina gracilis).
- - Right Wing of the Bat (Phyl- under or ventral surface, locina gracilis).
- - Right Wing of the Bat (Phyllocina gracilis) .
- 18, Nemagraptus gracilis.Advertisement
- It has been suggested that one at least of the flowers, that originally described by Mr Carruthers from the Inferior Oolite of Yorkshire as Beania gracilis, may have been borne by a member of the Ginkgoales.
- An extensive abdominoperineal resection was performed leaving a huge perineal defect (figure 4) which was reconstructed using bilateral myocutaneous gracilis flaps.
- gracilis, a yellow-flowered species, has also been regarded as a hybrid between N.
- Dahlia gracilis - A distinct and graceful plant, with slender stems and finely divided foliage, which gives it a freer habit than any other Dahlia.
- The varieties gracilis and tenuior are now supposed to be hybrids between the Jonquil and some other species, or between N. intermedius and juncifolius, N. intermedius itself being a hybrid between some form of N.Advertisement
- The Jonquil, when strongly grown on a warm border, is handsome and very sweet-scented, and N. gracilis is the latest of all single Narcissi, as it blooms with N. poeticus fl.-pl. in May or early June.
- The tender Nierembergias are N. frutescens, a sub-shrubby plant of erect growth, and N. filicaulis, or gracilis, as it is called, which has slender drooping branches.