Gourock sentence example
- There is frequent communication daily by steamer with the railway piers at Craigendoran and Gourock, and Glasgow merchants are thus enabled to reside here all the year round.
- There is a continuous line of electric tramways, connecting with Port Glasgow on the east and Gourock on the west, a total distance of 72 m.
- The parks and open spaces include Wellington Park, Well Park in the heart of the town (these were the gift of Sir Michael Shaw-Stewart), Whin Hill, Lyle Road - a broad drive winding over the heights towards Gourock, constructed as a "relief work" in the severe winter of 1879-1880.
- It is said that Gourock was the first place on the Clyde where herrings were cured.
- Gourock became a burgh of barony in 1694.Advertisement