Goulet sentence example
- King John soon regained the upper hand, for Philip Augustus having deserted Arthur by the treaty of Le Goulet (22nd of May 1200), John made his way into Anjou; and on the 18th of June 1200 was recognized as count at Angers.
- Richard's death, in April 1199, removed his archenemy, and Richard's successor, John, concluded the treaty of Le Goulet with Philip on the 22nd of May 1200, ceding to him the county of Evreux, Gravy and Issoudun, and the suzerainty of Berry and Auvergne.
- At an interview at Le Goulet on the 25th of March, Philip demanded the cession of Anjou, Poitou and Normandy to his ward, Arthur.
- Republican memorial, Crossmaglen, Armagh; sculpted by the Breton artist, Yann Goulet, 1979.
- Robert Goulet - singer and actor, passed away from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis on October 30 at age 73.Advertisement