Gorsas sentence example
- In the last days of 1789 Gorsas in the Courrier de Paris accused Sanson of harbouring a Royalist press in his house.
- Sanson was brought to trial, but acquitted, and Gorsas withdrew the accusation.
- Gorsas is said to have himself read it in public at the Palais Royal, and to have headed one of the columns that marched on Versailles.
- The place was sacked, but Gorsas escaped the popular fury by flight.
- The facts being reported to the Convention, little sympathy was shown to Gorsas, and a resolution (which was evaded) was passed forbidding representatives to occupy themselves with journalism.Advertisement