Gorgei sentence example
- Among the native poets, mostly mere rhyming chroniclers of the 1 6th century, were Csanadi, Tinodi, Nagy-Baczai, Bogâti, Ilosvay, Istvanfi, GOrgei, Temesvari and Valkai.
- Damjanich played a leading part in the general advance upon the Hungarian capital under GOrgei.
- Always a fiery democrat, Damjanich uncompromisingly supported the extremist views of Kossuth, and was appointed commander of one of the three divisions which, under GOrgei, entered Vacz in April 1849.
- The hopes of ultimate success were frustrated by the intervention of Russia; all appeals to the western powers were vain, and on the 11th of August Kossuth abdicated in favour of GOrgei, on the ground that in the last extremity the general alone could save the nation.
- Among the native poets, mostly mere rhyming chroniclers of the 1 6th century, were Csanadi, Tinodi, Nagy-Baczai, BogÃ¢ti, Ilosvay, Istvanfi, GOrgei, Temesvari and Valkai.Advertisement
- Vilagos, the town where the famous capitulation of GOrgei to the Russians took place on the 13th of August 1849, lies 21 m.