Gonzalez sentence example
- In 1403 the Spanish king sent a knight of Madrid, Ruy Gonzalez de Clavijo, to the distant court of Timur, at Samarkand.
- In 1473 Torquemada and Gonzalez de Mendoza, archbishop of Toledo, approached the sovereigns.
- The chief remains of the Spanish heroic epic are some poems on the Cid, on the seven Infantes of Lara, and on Fernán Gonzalez, count of Castile.
- The general's supremacy received a shock when the eleventh general congregation appointed Oliva as vicar, with the right of succession and powers that practically superseded those of the general Goswin Nickel, whose infirmities, it is said, did not permit him to govern with the necessary application and vigour; and an attempt was made to depose Tirso Gonzalez, the thirteenth general, whose views on probabilism diverged from those favoured by the rest of the Jesuits.
- The boundary questions were settled under President Gonzalez (1880-1884); relations with Great Britain were renewed in 1884.Advertisement
- Gil Gonzalez Davila penetrated from the Gulf of Nicoya to the western provinces and sent his lieutenant Cordova to circumnavigate the great lake.
- Bogota was founded in 1538 by Gonzalez Ximenes Quesada and was named Santa Fe de Bogota after his birthplace Santa Fe, and after the southern capital of the Chibchas, Bacata (or Funza).
- The greatness of the Mendozas was completed by Pedro Gonzalez, who sacrificed his life to save King John I.
- Pedro Gonzalez, the future cardinal, was sent into the Church mainly because he was a younger son and that he might be handsomely provided for.
- The life of the cardinal, by Salazar de Mendoza, Cronica del gran cardinal Don Pedro Gonzalez de Mendoza (Toledo, 1625), is disoursive and garrulous but valuable.Advertisement
- Column by Mike Gonzalez, May 2002 Has the dream of the hippy commune now turned into a nightmare?
- Think the child of Cesaria Evora if she was involved in a bizarre love-in with Jose Gonzalez, Leonard Cohen and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- On 1st March, Gonzalez resigned describing Sprague as " an unconscionable scoundrel " Rudd retired from Congress in January, 1987.
- The chief remains of the Spanish heroic epic are some poems on the Cid, on the seven Infantes of Lara, and on FernÃ¡n Gonzalez, count of Castile.
- First discovered by Columbus in 1502, Nicaragua was not regularly explored till 1522, when Gil Gonzalez Davila penetrated from the Gulf of Nicoya to the western provinces and sent his lieutenant Cordova to circumnavigate the great lake.Advertisement
- He took for colleagues some of the strongest and most popular statesmen of the Liberal party, virtually representing the three important groups of men of the Revolution united under his leadershipveteran Liberals like Camacho and Venancio Gonzalez; Moderates like Alonzo Martinez, Gamazo and Marshal Jovellar; and Democrats like Moret, Montero Rios and Admiral Beranger.
- Gonzalez has performed one of the most financially damaging cases of identity theft to date.