Gonzales sentence example
- It excited the admiration of Gonzales Clavijo, the Spanish envoy, when he passed through it on his way to visit the court of Timur at Samarkand (Clavijo, Historia del gran Tamorlan, p. 84); and Cardinal Bessarion, who was a native of the place, in the latter part of his life, when the city had passed into the hands of the Mahommedans, and he was himself a dignitary of the Roman Church, so little forgot the impression it had made upon him that he wrote a work entitled "The Praise of Trebizond" ('E-yac c uLovTpaire oiivros), which exists in manuscript at Venice.
- This has been translated into English under the title of The testament of Ignatius Loyola, being sundry acts of our Father Ignatius, under God, the first founder of the Society of Jesus, taken down from the Saint's own lips by Luis Gonzales (London, 1900); and the above account of Ignatius is taken in most places directly from this, which is not only the best of all sources but also a valuable corrective of the later and more imaginative works.
- Alvaro Gonzales, Pedro Coelho, and Diogo Lopes Pacheco persuaded the king, Alphonso, that his throne was in danger from an alliance between his son and the Castros, and with all the brutality of the age they urged the king to remove the danger by murdering the poor woman.
- The Texans routed the Mexicans near Gonzales on the 2nd of October.
- The other larger islands are San Jose, Pedro Gonzales, Casaya, Saboga and Pacheca.Advertisement
- There was once a horse called Tamasak, a pure white stallion known for its strength, in the stead of one Don Simon, and who was offered much if he could sell it to Manuel Gonzales de Aguilar, the Governor General of the country at that time.
- All men of political influence were either in open opposition or, when they belonged to the Conservative parties, were holding aloof in disgust at the predominance of the queens favorites, Gonzales Brabo, a mere ruffian, and Marion, her steward, whose position in the palace was perfectly well known.
- Gonzales Brabo deserted her in a panic. She went into exile, and her reign.
- Fernan Gonzales 923968 Made himself independent of Leon.
- In the opening minutes of the game we had a touchdown scored against us by Speedy Gonzales himself, number 88.Advertisement
- Diogo Lopes escaped through the gratitude of a beggar to whom he had formerly done a kindness; but Coelho and Gonzales were executed, with horrible tortures, in the very presence of the king.
- This season was won by Jaslene Gonzales.
- Remy Gonzales - Remy is married to Buddy's sister Lisa, and he is also a talented cake decorator.