Golovin sentence example
- Golovin, was elected president of the House.
- In Peter's grand embassy to the West in 1697 Golovin occupied the second place immediately after Lefort.
- Golovin's first achievement as foreign minister was to supplement the treaty of Carlowitz, by which peace with Turkey had only been secured for three years, by concluding with the Porte a new treaty at Constantinople (June 13, 1700), by which the term of the peace was extended to thirty years and, besides other concessions, the Azov district and a strip of territory extending thence to Kuban were ceded to Russia.
- In 1706 he succeeded Golovin in the direction of foreign affairs, and was created the first Russian grand-chancellor on the field of Poltava (1709).
- Among the numerous less authoritative biographies may be mentioned Ivan Golovin, Histoire d'Alexandre I.Advertisement