Goldsmid sentence example
- Goldsmid's Commission in 1872 from the Malik-Siah-Koh to the Helmund Lagoons, and rectified by the Commission under Sir Henry MacMahon in 1903-1905.
- I The wakilu l-mulk, governor of Kerman, told Colone Goldsmid, when his guest in 1866, that his father had been Sii ohn Malcolms Mihmandar.
- The Seistan mission, under Major-General (afterwards Sir Frederic) Goldsmid, left England in August 1870, and reached Teheran on the 3rd of October.
- The boundary delimited by the Seistan mission of 1870-1872, and known as the Goldsmid line, was drawn along the course of the river Helmund.
- Goldsmid (1886); for the pseudo Anne of Cleves see Allgemeine deutsche Biographie, i.Advertisement
- Goldsmid, K.C.S.I., who conducted the first Seistan demarcation commission in 1872, was left undone and completed only in1903-1905by Col Sir Henry McMahon, K.C.I.E.
- Goldsmid was made a baronet in 1841, Baron Lionel de Rothschild was elected to Parliament in 1847 (though he was unable to take his seat), Alderman (Sir David) Salomons became lord mayor of London in 1855 and Francis Goldsmid was made a Q.C. in 1858.