Goeben sentence example
- The German battle cruiser " Goeben " eluded the British Mediterranean fleet and got safely into the Sea of Marmora; three British cruisers were sunk by submarines in the North Sea; and a British squadron under Adml.
- By the morning of the 29th Manteuffel and Goeben lay north, v.
- Goeben won the victory of Wiesenthal (near Dermbach).
- Souchon, who had brought the " Goeben " and " Breslau."
- Simultaneously von Zastrow, under the same impression, had ordered his corps artillery to advance by the same road, and von Goeben, thinking his troops in front required support, had sent forward an infantry brigade by the same line of road.Advertisement
- The Committee was all-powerful in the Government, and a small group of leaders - Enver, Talaat, Djemal Pasha and others, supported by the presence at Constantinople of two German warships, the "Goeben" and "Breslau," were able to commit the country to hostilities, by the bombardment of Russian Black Sea ports by these vessels under the Turkish flag.
- In the Baden insurrection Goeben served with distinction on the staff of Prince William, the future emperor.
- In the war of 1866 -Lieutenant-General von Goeben commanded the 13th division, of which his old brigade formed part, and, in this higher sphere, once more displayed the qualities of a born leader and skilful tactician.
- The close of the Franco-German War left Goeben one of the most distinguished men in the victorious army.
- General von Goeben left many writings.Advertisement
- The former French port (Queuleu) at Metz was renamed Goeben after him, and the 28th infantry bears his name.
- A statue of Goeben by Schaper was erected at Coblenz in 1884.