Godfred sentence example
- Thus it was the desire to secure his Jutish kingdom which induced Harold Klak, in 826, to sail up the Rhine to Ingelheim, and there accept baptism, with his wife, his son Godfred and 400 of his suite, acknowledging the emperor as his overlord, and taking back with him to Denmark the missionary monk Ansgar.
- Farther to the east we meet the names of Rurik, Godfred and Siegfried.
- We see them under command of two Danish " kings," Godfred and Siegfried, first in the country of the Rhine-mouth or the Lower Scheldt; afterwards dividing their forces and, while some devastate far into Germany, others extend their ravages on every side in northern France down to the Loire.
- His sons Olaf and Godfred were expelled by Ã†thelstan.
- Expelled in 944-945 he went to Dublin and drove out his cousin Blakare, son of Godfred.Advertisement
- His sons Olaf and Godfred were expelled by Ãƒâ€ thelstan.