Goch sentence example
- Goch became a town in 1231 and belonged to the dukes of Gelderland and later to the dukes of Cleves.
- In the centre is Cadair Rhys Goch o'r Eryri, a rock named as the chair of Rhys Goch, a bard contemporary with Glendower (died traditionally, 1420).
- On the Welsh side something is given by the bards Iolo Goch and Lewis Glyn Cothi.
- In the castle Owen Goch (Owen the Red) was imprisoned from 1254 to 1277, by the last Llewelyn, whose brother Dafydd held it for some time against Edward I.
- In connexion with the Elan and Claerwen works, in Mid-Wales, for the supply of Birmingham, six masonry dams were projected, three of which are completed, including the Caban Goch dam, 590 ft.Advertisement