Gobat sentence example
- South of the city are the Armenian monastery of Mount Zion and Bishop Gobat's school.
- Gobat, is always ready to supply information from the now considerable archives of the Bureau.
- In 18 3 0 Protestant missionary enterprise was begun by Samuel Gobat and Christian Kugler, who were sent out by the Church Missionary Society, and were well received by the ras of Tigre.
- Mr (afterwards Bishop) Gobat proceeded to Gondar, where he also met with a favourable reception.
- In 1834 Gobat went back to Tigre, but in 1836 ill health compelled him to leave.Advertisement
- Bishop Gobat having conceived the idea of sending lay missionaries into the country, who would engage in secular occupations as well as carry on missionary work, Dr Krapf returned to Abyssinia in 1855 with Mr Flad as pioneers of that mission; Krapf, however, was not permitted to remain in the country.