Goalpara sentence example
- In the time of Aurangzeb the Ahom kings held sway over the entire Brahmaputra valley from Sadiya to near Goalpara, and from the skirts of the southern hills to the Bhutia frontier on the north.
- Near Goalpara the discharge of the river in January 1828 was computed to be 140,000 cub.
- The levels of the country were so affected that the towns of Goalpara and Barpeta became almost uninhabitable during the rains.
- In addition jute is grown to a considerable extent in Goalpara and Sylhet; cotton is grown in large quantities along the slopes of the Assam range.
- In 1886 the eastern Dwars were annexed from Bhutan; and in 1874 the district of Goalpara, the eastern Dwars and the Garo hills were incorporated in Assam.Advertisement