Gnomic sentence example
- In the folk-lore of Scotland his name is associated with numerous fragments of verse of a gnomic and prophetic character.
- The naive and fragmentary precepts of conduct, which are everywhere the earliest manifestation of nascent moral reflection, are a noteworthy element in the gnomic poetry of the 7th and 6th centuries B.C. Their importance is shown by the traditional enumeration of the Seven Sages of the 6th century, and their influence on ethical thought is attested by the references of Plato and Aristotle.
- gnomic utterance ' Free enterprise works ' .
- gnomic remarks I didn't understand.
- gnomic statement obscures the vexed question of the epistemological role of literary works qua literary works.Advertisement
- and Liber proverbiorum), one of the Wisdom books of the Old Testament (see Wisdom Literature) and the principal representative in the Old Testament of gnomic thought.