Gloversville sentence example
- Gloversville and Johnstown are noted for leather gloves and mittens.
- Gloversville is the principal glove-manufacturing centre in the United States.
- In 1900 Fulton county produced more than 57%, and Gloversville 38.8%, of all the leather gloves and mittens made in the United States; in 1905 Gloversville produced 2 9.9% of the leather gloves and mittens made in the United States, its products being valued at $5,302,196.
- Gloversville has more than a score of tanneries and leather-finishing factories, and manufactures fur goods.
- The extraordinary localization of the glove-making industry in Gloversville, Johnstown and other parts of Fulton county, is an incident of much interest in the economic history of the United States.Advertisement
- Gloversville, settled originally about 1770, was known for some time as Stump City, its present name being adopted in 1832.
- Schenectady is served by the New York Central & Hudson River, and the Delaware && Hudson railways, and by interurban electric lines connecting with Albany, Troy, Saratoga, Amsterdam, Johnstown and Gloversville.