Glauca sentence example
- Another species, C. lusitanica or glauca, the "cedar of Goa," is a handsome tree, 50 ft.
- This is the only bushy Coronilla that can be well grown in the open air in England, but in mild districts C. glauca, a beautiful shrub with glaucous foliage and yellow flowers, usually grown in greenhouses, may be grown out of doors.
- A variety of Sheeps Fescue (F. ovina), named glauca, is a pretty dwarf hardy grass, forming dense tufts of leaves of a glaucous hue or soft blue, and on this account sometimes called "blue" Grass.
- F. communis is also a good species, and others, including F. glauca, neapolitana, Ferulago, and persica, may be added where variety is sought.
- Smilax Glauca - This plant has angular stems of about 3 feet, armed with rather stout numerous or scattered prickles, or may sometimes be without any.Advertisement
- S. glauca is also cultivated for its graceful white foliage and curious heads of flowers.
- Isatis glauca is a handsome perennial of 3 feet, with grey-green furrowed stems and long narrow leaves with a white mid-rib.
- K. glauca and K. hirsuta are also pretty shrubs, K. glauca flowering in early summer, and K. hirsuta in August.
- It is generally known in gardens by the variety glauca.