Glass-like sentence example
- The story that Phoenician merchants found a glass-like substance under their cooking pots, which had been supported on blocks of natron, need not be discarded as pure fiction.
- The fire may well have caused the natron, an impure form of carbonate of soda, to combine with the surrounding sand to form silicate of soda, which, although not a permanent glass, is sufficiently glass-like to suggest the x11.4 FIG.
- Chemically pure sand is silicon dioxide (SiO 2) or quartz, a clear transparent glass-like mineral, but as ordinarily met with, it is more or less impure and generally coloured reddish or yellowish by oxide of iron.
- Over the ocean surface, as well as at various depths, float and swim innumerable Hyperiidea - the wonderful Phronima, glass-like in its glassy barrel hollowed out of some Tunicate; the Cystisoma, 4 or 5 in.
- In 2008, MAC released its "Adoring Carmine" collection of Lipglass sets and miniature professional brush sets.MAC's mini Lipglass is a unique type of lip gloss that creates a glass-like finish and vibrant sheen.Advertisement
- Melding a glass-like luminosity and the earthy texture of slate, the Geologie collection can be configured into a seemingly endless variety of patterns and custom blends.
- Synthetic wax is 100 percent polymers, that when applied to a hard paint surface, create an almost glass-like coating over the top of the paint.