Giustiniani sentence example
- Giustiniani explains that he had to make proposals to the cardinal before he broached them to Henry, lest Wolsey "should resent the precedence conceded to the king."
- His New Year's presents were reckoned by Giustiniani at 15,000 ducats, and the emperor paid - or owed - him 18,000 livres a year.
- It appeared in March 1676, and provoked a warm protest from the Venetian ambassador, Giustiniani.
- This functionary is first formally mentioned under Leo X.(1513-1521) in the proceedings in connexion with the canonization of St Lorenzo Giustiniani.
- The first was composed according to Agostino Giustiniani of fiftyeight galleys, and eight panfili, a class of light galleys of eastern origin named after the province of Pamphylia.Advertisement
- Giustiniani, published at Venice in 2 vols.
- His life has been written by Bernard Giustiniani, by Maffei and also by the Bollandists.
- Some of the popular songs set to music by him became known as Giustiniani.
- Giustiniani printed 2000 copies at his own expense, including fifty in vellum for presentation to the sovereigns of Europe and Asia; but the sale of the work did not encourage him to proceed with the New Testament, which he had also prepared for the press.
- It is not certain that any really Greek statues of Hestia are in existence, although the Giustiniani Vesta in the Torlonia Museum is usually accepted as such.Advertisement
- After temporary occupations by the Seljuk Turks (1089-1092) and by the Venetians (1124-1125, 1172, 1204-1225), it was given in fief to the Genoese family of Zaccaria, and in 1346 passed definitely into the hands of a Genoese maona, or trading company, which was organized in 1362 under the name of "the Giustiniani."
- In spite of occasional secessions which brought severe punishment upon the island (1 453, 1 479), the rule of the Giustiniani was not abolished till 1566.