Girardin sentence example
- In plays by contemporary authors she created the characters of Judith and Cleopatra in the tragedies of Madame de Girardin, but perhaps her most successful appearance was in 1849 in Scribe and Legouve's Adrienne Lecouvreur, which was written for her.
- The dispute which led to the duel with Emile de Girardin was one of small moment, and might have been amicably arranged had it not been for some slight obstinacy on Carrel's part.
- De Girardin was wounded in the thigh, Carrel in the groin.
- During the revolution of February 1848 Girardin was for a moment a minister, but after the establishment of the republic he was not re-elected deputy.
- The book is really a defence of the ancients against the moderns, and Girardin did not take into account the fact that only the best of ancient literature has come down to us.Advertisement