Giornale sentence example
- Ricci, Francesco Nazzari, the future cardinal, established in 1668 the Giornale de' letterati upon the plan of the French Journal des savants.
- A much better known Giornale was that of Apostolo Zeno, founded with the help of Maffei and Muratori (1710), continued after 1718 by Pietro Zeno, and after 1728 by Mastraca and Paitoni.
- Another Giornale, to which Fabroni contributed, was published at Pisa from 1771 onwards.
- The next that deserve mention are the Giornale enciclopedico (1806) of Naples, followed by the Progresso delle scienze (1833-1848) and the Museo di scienze e letteratura of the same city, and the Giornale arcadico (1819) of Rome.
- His own works are contained in the Acta Eruditorum, the Giornale de' letterati d'Italia, and the Commercium Philosophicuyn.Advertisement
- In addition to the works already mentioned Boscovich published Elementa universae matheseos (1754), the substance of the course of study prepared for his pupils; and a narrative of his travels, entitled Giornale di un viaggio da Constantinepoli in Polonia, of which several editions and a French translation appeared.
- A great variety of interesting matter will be found in the Atti della Societ y Ligure di storia patria (1861 sqq.), and in the Giornale Ligustico di archeologia, storia, e belie arti.