Gilchrist sentence example
- The legend with regard to the origin of the name Napier was given by Sir Alexander Napier, eldest son of John Napier, in 1625, in these words: "One of the ancient earls of Lennox in Scotland had issue three sons: the eldest, that succeeded him to the earldom of Lennox; the second, whose name was Donald; and the third, named Gilchrist.
- Though all this is elementary to-day, not only was it unknown, indeed unguessed, at the time of the invention of the Bessemer process, but even when, nearly a quarter of a century later, a young English metallurgical chemist, Sidney Gilchrist Thomas (1850-1885), offered to the British Iron and Steel Institute a paper describing his success in dephosphoriz ing by the Bessemer process with a basic-lined converter and a basic slag, that body rejected it.
- When the estate was settled the big house was empty and Mr. Gilchrist moved to India Drive and became a chauffeur for India Tires.
- Council leader Donald Anderson said: " Jim Gilchrist was one of the real political heavyweights in Scottish local government.
- His innings completely overshadowed Adam Gilchrist's 113 off 94 balls.Advertisement
- The strike was a major test for Andy Gilchrist, a key figure in the ' awkward squad ' .
- The strike was a major test for Andy Gilchrist, a key figure in the ' awkward squad '.
- The story would be scary if it weren't for the fact that the actor who played Mikey, John Gilchrist, is still alive and well.