Gibara sentence example
- Bananas are grown particularly in the region about Nipe, Gibara and Baracoa, whence they are exported in large quantities, though there is a tendency to lessen their culture in these parts in favour of sugar.
- Evidences of ancient workings remain near Holguin and Gibara, and it is possible that some of these workings are still exploitable.
- Holguin has trade in cabinet woods, tobacco, Indian corn and cattle products, which it exports through its port Gibara, about 25 m.
- Gibara is the port of Holguin.
- Gibara is an old settlement, but it did not rise above the status of a petty village until after 1817; its importance dates from the opening of the port to commerce in 1827.Advertisement