Gfd sentence example
- The only treatment for celiac disease is a gluten-free diet (GFD).
- The fact that people had symptoms that were cured by the GFD is further evidence that the diagnosis was correct.
- Corticosteroids such as prednisone and intravenous (IV) fluids may be temporarily given while the child begins a GFD.
- Although there is no risk and much potential benefit to the use of GFD for treatment of celiac disease, the widespread use of gluten-containing grains in Western cultures makes adapting to a gluten-free diet challenging.
- Fresh foods that have not been artificially processed, such as fruits, vegetables, and meats, are permitted as part of a GFD.Advertisement
- There are many cookbooks on the market specifically for those on a GFD.
- Treating celiac disease with a strict GFD is almost always completely effective.
- A few patients develop a refractory type of celiac disease, in which the GFD no longer seems effective.
- Experts emphasize the need for lifelong adherence to the GFD to avoid the long-term complications of this disorder.
- However, the key to decreasing its impact on overall health is early diagnosis and strict adherence to the prescribed GFD.Advertisement
- After the GFD is begun, the benefits to the child with celiac disease will initially be obvious and enthusiastically accepted.