Gewandung sentence example
- The whole subject is exhaustively treated by Father Joseph Braun in Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg im Breisgau, 1907).
- The papal bulls granting the use of mitres before the nth century are all forgeries (Liturgische Gewandung, 431-448).
- Father Braun (Liturgische Gewandung, p. 457) gives a picture of a seal of Charles IV.
- Coptic priests and bishops wear the ballin, a long strip of stuff ornamented From Braun's Lit with crosses &c., and wound turban-wise gische Gewandung.
- Gewandung, p. 250) thinks that it was probably in use by the popes themselves so early as the 3rd century, since St Cyprian (d.Advertisement
- See Joseph Braun, S.J., Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg im Breisgau, 1907), pp. 2 47-3 0 5.
- The fanone was originally a cloth like the amice and was wrapped round neck and From Braun, Liturgische Gewandung.
- Braun (reproduced in Die liturgische Gewandung).
- Braun (Liturgische Gewandung, p. 513) thinks that the symbolism of the cross may have had some influence in fixing and propagating the square shape, and he quotes a decree of the synod of Aix (1585) ordering the J g h clergy to wear a biretta sewn in the form of a cross (biretum in modum crucis consuturn, ut ecclesiasticos homines decet).
- - All previous works on vestments have been largely superseded by Father Joseph Braun's Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg-im-Breisgau, 1907), a monument of careful and painstaking research, profusely illustrated.Advertisement