Gerz sentence example
- On an eminence, which dominates the town, is situated the old castle, formerly the seat of the counts of Gerz, now partly used as barracks.
- Owing to the mildness of its climate Gerz has become a favourite winterresort, and has received the name of the Nice of Austria.
- Seven miles to the north of Gerz is the Monte Santo (2275 ft.), a muchfrequented place on which stands a pilgrimage church.
- Gerz is mentioned for the first time at the beginning of the 11th century, and received its charter as a town in 1307.
- Gerz, who is a Senior Research Fellow at Coventry University, will be hosting a colloquium on Friday 23 May at 13.30.Advertisement