Geodetical sentence example
- - Besides the work upon the geodetical operations connecting Paris and Greenwich, of which Legendre was one of the authors, he published in the Memoires de l'Academie for 1787 two papers on trigonometrical operations depending upon the figure of the earth, containing many theorems relating to this subject.
- Maskelyne also took a great interest in various geodetical operations, notably the measurement of the length of a degree of latitude in Maryland and Pennsylvania (ibid.
- The two left Paris in 1806 and began operations among the mountains of Spain, but Biot returned to Paris after they had determined the latitude of Formentera, the southernmost point to which they were to carry the survey, leaving Arago to make the geodetical connexion of Majorca with Ivica and with Formentera.
- JOHANN FRIEDRICH WILHELM ADOLF VON BAEYER (1835-), German chemist, was born at Berlin on the 31st of October 1835, his father being Johann Jacob von Baeyer (1794-1885), chief of the Berlin Geodetical Institute from 1870.
- Maupertuis and Alexis Clairault on their geodetical expedition to Lapland.Advertisement