Gennesareth sentence example
- The plain of Gennesareth, with its environs, is the best-watered part of the lakebasin.
- Dr Tristram was the first explorer to identify this fish, and on account of its presence suggested the identification of the "round spring" with the fountain of Capharnaum, which, according to Josephus, watered the plain of Gennesareth.
- Minyeh is a ruined site at the north end of the plain of Gennesareth, 22 m.
- South of the supposed plain of Gennesareth is Mejdel, commonly supposed to represent the New Testament town of Magdala.
- He points to features of the lake of Gennesareth, which were first touched in the Christian Year; and he observes that throughout the book "the Biblical scenery is treated graphically as real scenery, and the Biblical history and poetry as real history and poetry."Advertisement