Generalite sentence example
- In August 1761 Turgot was appointed intendant of the generalite of Limoges, which included some of the poorest and most over-taxed parts of France; here he remained for 13 years.
- Judicially it was under the authority of the parlement of Bordeaux; for financial purposes it was part of the generalite of Montauban.
- The prefect, however, is no more than an intendant in miniature, being only at the head of a department, whereas the intendant was over a generalite, which was a much larger district.
- The conseil du roi first divided the total sum among the various generalites (the higher financial divisions), again dividing the amount due from each generalite among the elections of which it was composed.
- Attached to the generalite (administrative circumscription) of Tours, Anjou on the eve of the Revolution comprised five elections (judicial districts): - Angers, Beauge, Saumur, ChÃ¢teauGontier, Montreuil-Bellay and part of the elections of La Fleche and Richelieu.Advertisement