Gelehrten sentence example
- Shortly after the foundation of the university of Gottingen appeared Zeitungen von gelehrten Sachsen (1739), still famous as the Gottingische gelehrte Anzeigen, which during its long and influential career has been conducted by professors of that university, and among others by Haller, Heyne and Eichhorn.
- Wilckens, Leben des gelehrten Lucae Holstenii (Hamburg, 1723); Johann Moller, Cimbria literata, iii.
- These general addresses, published under the title Bestimmung des Gelehrten (Vocation of the Scholar), were on a subject dear to Fichte's heart, the supreme importance of the highest intellectual culture and the duties incumbent on those who had received it.
- The philosophy of history sketched in this work has something of value with much that is fantastic. In 1805 and 1806 appeared the Wesen des Gelehrten (Nature of the Scholar) and the Anweisung zum seligen Leben oder Religionslehre (Way to a Blessed Life), the latter the most important work of this Berlin period.
- He also published a periodical Der Naturforscher (1774-1778), and during the years1749-1756took an active part in editing the Zeitungen von gelehrten Sachen.Advertisement
- Between 1813 and 1832 there appeared at Pernau twenty volumes of Beitrage zur genauern Kenntniss der esthnischen Sprache, by Rosenplanter, and from 1840 onwards many valuable papers on Esthonian subjects were contributed to the Verhandlungen der gelehrten esthnischen Gesellschaft zu Dorpat.
- Paulsen, Geschichte des gelehrten Unterrichts vom Ausgang des Mittelalters bis auf die Gegenwart mit besonderer Riicksicht auf den klassischen Unterricht (2 vols., 2nd ed., 1896); Das Realgymnasium and die humanistische Bildung (1889); Die hoheren Schulen and das Universitdtsstudium im zo.