Gelehrte sentence example
- Shortly after the foundation of the university of Gottingen appeared Zeitungen von gelehrten Sachsen (1739), still famous as the Gottingische gelehrte Anzeigen, which during its long and influential career has been conducted by professors of that university, and among others by Haller, Heyne and Eichhorn.
- At the beginning of the 19th century we find the Erlanger Literaturzeitung (1799-1810), which had replaced a Gelehrte Zeitung (1746); the Leipziger Literaturzeitung (1800-1834); the Heidelbergische Jahrbucher der Literatur (1808-1872); and the Wiener Literaturzeitung (1813-1816), followed by the Wiener Jahrbucher der Literatur (1818-1848), both of which received government support and resembled the English Quarterly Review in their conservative politics and high literary tone.
- Gersdorf's Repertorium, the Gelehrte Anzeigen of Gottingen and of Munich, Sand the Heidelbergische Jahrbucher were the sole survivors.
- Frau Neuber even accepted for performance Lessing's first comedy, Der junge Gelehrte (1748), which he had begun at school.
- His contributions to the Gottingische gelehrte Anzeigen are said to have been between 7000 and 8000 in number.Advertisement
- A lighter vein is to be observed in various dramatic satires written at this time, such as Cotter, Helden and Wieland (1774), Hanswursts Hochzeit, Fastnachtsspiel vorn Pater Brey, Satyros, and in the Singspiele, Erwin and Elmire (1775) and Claudine von Villa Bella (1776); while in the Frankfurter Gelehrte Anzeiger (1772- 1773), Goethe drove home the principles of the new movement of Sturm and Drang in terse and pointed criticism.
- See memoir by his eldest son in the Gottinger gelehrte Anzeigen, " Nachrichten " for 1864.
- They include, besides his various works and memoirs, notices by him of many of these, and of works of other authors in the GÃ¶ttingen gelehrte Anzeigen, and a considerable amount of previously unpublished matter, Nachlass.
- It numbers about 80 members and publishes the well-known Gottingische gelehrte Anzeigen.
- They include, besides his various works and memoirs, notices by him of many of these, and of works of other authors in the GÃƒ¶ttingen gelehrte Anzeigen, and a considerable amount of previously unpublished matter, Nachlass.Advertisement