Gehenna sentence example
- Gehenna is applied to the condition of the lost (Matt.
- The place of torment for the wicked was called Gehenna (the valley of Hinnom or the Sons of Hinnom, where the bodies of criminals were cast out, is described in Is.
- Josiah "defiled" it as part of his reforming activity, and it became a place for the bestowal and destruction of refuse, and a synonym for Gehenna (Isa.
- It is used in the Old Testament to translate the Hebrew Sheol, and in the New Testament the Greek On g, Hades, and y€EVva, Hebrew Gehenna (see Eschatology) .
- Cebenna or Gehenna), a mountain range of southern France, forming the southern and eastern fringe of the central plateau and part of the watershed between the Atlantic and Mediterranean basins.Advertisement